Full Stack PHP Software Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Software Engineer to join our applications team.
- Be a member of a small, focused engineering team focused on delivering outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Work with highly experienced electric industry and power systems experts from GridBright and our partners. This requires clear communication and collaborative problem solving between our applications team and our utility consultants.
- Build end-to-end solutions where quality, reliability, performance, and security are extremely important.
- Create great product experiences for utility operations and emergency management staff helping them to safely and effectively operate the electric grid and respond to emergencies.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys being a generalist working on both the frontend and backend using modern software development methods and technologies.
- Is focused on delivering quality solutions that delight our customers’ users.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment working with various stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Sees themselves as an integral member of the team with a desire to be involved in the full SDLC including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Communicates well and can self-manage while working in our 100% remote team.
- Is curious and enjoys learning new methods and technologies while shipping quality products.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
- Understands responsive web design
- Have a solid understanding of OOP, MVC, SPA, and SRR design patterns
- Experience with database design and technologies including PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful JSON APIs
- 2+ years of experience with version control software including Git
- Are comfortable using CLI’s including Unix-based shells
- Can work remotely with a team spread across US timezones
- Proficient in English with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident currently residing in the US
The following qualities are desired and will be used to differentiate the applicants:
- BS/BA in Computer Science
- 3+ years full stack experience with Laravel and Vue
- Have experience with containerized applications and microservices
- Have experience with AWS and devops including serverless approaches
- Know your way around JIRA and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with the electric utility industry
GridBright completes Oracle Utilities Network Management System (NMS) implementation at Colquitt EMC, extending the reach of full-featured utility network management solutions at a cost COOPs can afford.
"STORM" will reduce power outage delays and improve the quality of life for New York’s 5.7 million daily subway riders.