Principal Power Systems Engineer for Eastern Interconnection & ERCOT
Work as a Principal Power Systems Engineer in a casual and fun team setting to provide consulting to power producers and utilities. Responsibilities will include various power system studies as well as studies for generation, storage, demand and transmission projects seeking grid interconnection. You can work from home anywhere in the US.
- Perform Interconnection feasibility studies for new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects.
- Optimize the size and location of new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects.
- Prepare interconnection application for new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects including development of power flow, dynamic and short circuit study models.
- Guide generation, storage, demand and transmission interconnection applications through the full interconnection study process.
- Interface with the host transmission operator throughout the interconnection study process and review and scrutinize their interconnection study reports.
- Perform general power system studies.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Electrical Power Systems
- Professional Engineering License
- Ten years of grid planning experience in North America
- Five years of consulting experience
- Intimate knowledge of the PSSE power systems analysis tools and their associated models and utilities
- Knowledge of the Eastern Interconnection and ERCOT transmission systems
- Extensive experience with power system studies
- Experience with resource interconnection studies in the Eastern Interconnection and ERCOT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
The following qualities are desired and will be used to differentiate the applicants:
- Knowledge of the following Power Systems analysis and short circuit studies tools and their associated models:
- Experience working at a utility
- MS or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Electrical Power Systems
- Supervision skills