Principal Power Systems Engineer
Work as a Principal Power Systems Engineer in a casual and fun team setting to provide consulting to power producers and utilities. Responsibilities will include various power system studies as well as studies for generation, storage, demand and transmission projects seeking grid interconnection. You can work from home anywhere in the US.
- Perform Interconnection feasibility studies for new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects.
- Optimize the size and location of new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects.
- Prepare interconnection application for new generation, storage, demand and transmission projects including development of power flow, dynamic and short circuit study models.
- Guide generation, storage, demand and transmission interconnection applications through the full interconnection study process.
- Interface with the host transmission operator throughout the interconnection study process and review and scrutinize their interconnection study reports.
- Perform general power system studies.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume by sending an email to email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Electrical Power Systems
- 5 years of grid planning experience in North America
- 2 years of consulting experience
- Intimate knowledge of the PSSE and/or PSLF power systems analysis tools and their associated models and utilities
- knowledge of TARA power systems analysis tools and their associated models and utilities
- Knowledge of transmission systems in Eastern Interconnection, ERCOT or WECC
- Extensive experience with power system studies
- Experience with resource interconnection studies in the Eastern Interconnection, ERCOT, or WECC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
The following qualities are desired and will be used to differentiate the applicants:
- Professional Engineering License
- Knowledge of the following Power Systems analysis and short circuit studies tools and their associated models:
- Experience working at a utility
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Electrical Power Systems
- Supervision skills
GridBright completes Oracle Utilities Network Management System (NMS) implementation at Colquitt EMC, extending the reach of full-featured utility network management solutions at a cost COOPs can afford.
"STORM" will reduce power outage delays and improve the quality of life for New York’s 5.7 million daily subway riders.