Senior EMS/ADMS Power Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior EMS/ADMS Power Systems Engineer to join our team to work on Energy Management System (EMS) and Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) implementation projects. The successful candidate will be a key contributor on ADMS implementation projects and be responsible for designing, building, configuring, testing, and deploying ADMS systems.
This position can be based anywhere in the US working from home in our virtual office setting with as-needed travel to client sites. GridBright offers attractive compensation packages, including base salary, commission, bonus, healthcare, 401k, and stock options.
- Design, configure, integrate, and test the power systems applications of EMS and/or ADMS systems to meet the specific needs of our electric utility clients.
- Perform detailed testing, tuning, and commissioning to ensure power system applications will meet customer and industry requirements.
- Work with the Project Manager and provide technical input into the overall project schedule, budget, resource requirements, and risk management.
- Support engineering workshops and work closely with customers to understand their operational needs, provide system training, and configuration to meet their needs and ensure contract requirements and specifications are met.
- Perform customer training and consulting on power system modeling to ensure the effective use and maintenance of the power system applications.
- Perform system and acceptance testing with the end customers.
- Develop scripts and other middleware solutions to integrate 3rd party systems.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and collaborate with technical experts in various domains.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field and ensure systems are implemented in accordance with industry best practices
- Travel to customer sites and work directly with customers to successfully deliver, test, and integrate systems.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
All candidates should meet the following requirements –
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Experience with or a focus on Power Systems is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Power Systems Engineering role.
- Strong knowledge of power systems modeling, analysis, and simulation software (e.g., PSSE, Synergi, CYME, etc.)
- Experience with EMS and/or ADMS implementation projects. Specific experience with OSI monarch EMS and/or Spectra DMS product suite is strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting critical operation or information technology systems.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics.
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident).