Senior EMS/ADMS Project Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior EMS/ADMS Project Engineer to join our team to work on Energy Management System (EMS) and Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) implementation projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating all technical aspects of the project, including planning, design, development, testing, and deployment.
This position can be based anywhere in the US working from home in our virtual office setting with as-needed travel to client sites. GridBright offers attractive compensation packages, including base salary, commission, bonus, healthcare, 401k, and stock options.
- Manage and coordinate all technical aspects of the project including planning, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with the Project Manager and provide technical input into the overall project schedule, budget, resource requirements, and risk management.
- Design and configure EMS and ADMS systems to meet the specific needs of our clients.
- Test and validate system configurations to ensure they meet client requirements and industry standards including NERC CIP.
- Lead engineering workshops on topics such as system design, data conversion, business process reviews, test, and validation planning, and change management.
- Deploy and integrate EMS and ADMS systems with other equipment and software.
- Provide training and support to clients during and after the implementation process.
- Collaborate with project teams and other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the project.
- Identify and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the implementation process.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field and ensure systems are implemented in accordance with industry best practices.
- Contribute to proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules for services opportunities.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
All candidates should meet the following requirements –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science, or related area.
- 5+ years working in the electric utility industry; either at a utility, ADMS vendor and/or as a consultant specializing in grid management applications.
- Experience with EMS and/or ADMS implementation projects. Specific experience with OSI monarch systems is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Experience using Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong systems background with the ability to troubleshoot across complex systems.
- Ability to develop shell and Python scripts.
- Familiarity with the concepts of REST based web services. Experience with industry standards of CIM and/or MultiSpeak is a plus.
- Technical understanding of networking and security, operating systems, virtual environments, and systems integration.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus with high standards of professional ethics.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Right to work in the US (e.g., US citizen or permanent resident).