Are you interested in a PHP software engineering contractor position in a fast-growing technology company working from home/remote in Pacific Time Zone?
We are looking for a Full Stack PHP developer, reporting directly to VP of Engineering. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for building secure and reliable platform that delight users.
Your initial assignment includes an exciting research and development project funded by the US Department of Energy (DOE) to build innovative cyber-secure solutions for the modern grid ecosystem. You will work with highly experienced industry experts from GridBright and our partners, so a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. Familiarity with the utility industry is desired, but not essential.
All candidates should meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent career experience
- 5+ years of strong PHP experience developing reliable-secure code
- Work with-in U.S in pacific time-zone
- Strong PHP full stack experience
- Open Source experience with (NextCloud, or OwnCloud)
- API Integration with 3rd party systems
- Database MySql experience
- System and quality assurance experience
- Independence and self-reliance
- Knowledge around open source technology, community
- Know your way around JIRA and GitHub
- Passion for developing a platform that pushes the boundaries of technology and security
- Fast prototyping and agile development skills to quickly capture customer requirements
- Experience with best practices of software development, testing, and versioning
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focus
- High standards of professional ethics
- US citizens or permanent resident
How to Apply
Please submit your resume here, or send an email to email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact us. And please, no phone calls or unsolicited service offers.
About GridBright, Inc.
GridBright, an Inc500 company, ranks among the fastest growing companies in America in 2018. We specialize in consulting and computer applications in the electric utility industry and help the electric power industry minimize power outages and accommodate more renewable energy. We are a virtual company headquartered in Northern California with clients and employees spread throughout the US. We are an employee owned company with a pro-employee culture. GridBright management team is highly experienced and have worked together in multiple successful startups.